Menu
vikingsteve38
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

SuperHub 2 Timer

Like many of you I have a teenager permanently attached to his computer. 

This is the only way I've found to limit (switch off) his wifi overnight.

I have the Virgin SuperHub 2ac.

Open a new page on your browser and type in 192.168.0.1 this will take you to the router login page. Enter your password, the default is 'changeme'.

Once you get SuperHub page open you'll be faced with three option boxes, ignore them and click on 'Advanced Settings' in the bottom right corner.

Scroll down the page to the Security and click on MAC Filtering.

You'll now see a list of Attached Devices. It may not be obvious which machine is which, iPads and Kindles are easy to see but PC's can have some strange combinations of letters and numbers. If your kids are like mine then they'll have a phone, laptop and maybe an iPad, do one device at a time, click in the circle to the left of the device you want to time out, it's details should appear below the list in the ADD DEVICE section, click on the 'Add Device' button. The page will refresh and the device will be added to the MAC Filter List further down the page. Below that you have the Timed Access Rules section. I recommend leaving the Days To Block option set to EVERYDAY as I've had issues trying to allow different times at weekends. When choosing the time you want the block to start remember to use the 24hr clock, i.e. 10pm is 22:00.

You can't set it for 22:00 and 07:00 either, that would be too simple. You need to set it to 22:00 and 23:59, press ADD RULE then do it again from 00:00 and 07:00 and ADD RULE.

The click on the APPLY button at the bottom of the screen before selecting another device.

It's long winded way of doing things but it works. Good Luck. 

barmyarmy66
Up to speed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: SuperHub 2 Timer

Or install Kaspersky Kidsafe and set the schedule to block at 10, 11, 12pm etc.

...other suites are available...Smiley LOL

0 Kudos
nofunnelly
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: SuperHub 2 Timer

Presumably the Kaspersky kidsafe is only for computers? The mac filtering solves the problem of phones and tablets too.

BTW has anyone worked out how to get the Hub 3.0 to do the same timed access feature? The advanced settings interface seems to offer a timed rule filter, but when I turn the filter on, it just blocks access all the time.
0 Kudos