Menu
Highlighted
Tangible_Merlin
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Setting up limits for my kids phones on a super hub 3.0

I received a super hub 3.0 when our new TiVo box arrived on Saturday 30th of September. I set up the wifi for all our phones and laptops etc and am attempting to set up 2 mobile phones to be limited for access to certain times of the day for my 11 year old daughter and my 15 year old son as I am not letting them have access 24/7. I have tried to limit there phones using the mac filtering but when I select times to block and activate it for there  phones it appears to block them permanently.

Have I got a faulty router or is there something I am missing. Currently they can not access anything as I can't set this up. The super hub 2.0 was very easy to sort out and I could set individual times for each phone.

Any advice would be helpful, as I have two whiny kids constantly badgering me to get to talk to there friends.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
RobertRyan91
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Setting up limits for my kids phones on a super hub 3.0

Dunno about time limits but what about putting them on the guest network and disabled it when you want to turn it off? Just an idea
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

hub3 has been around a fair time and not much has changed in the firmware - i would not be holding my breath for VM to sort it - like many things the solution is easy but will cost - modem mode and a 3rd party router

Tony

All Replies
RobertRyan91
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Dunno about time limits but what about putting them on the guest network and disabled it when you want to turn it off? Just an idea
Tangible_Merlin
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It might be an idea but with the old super hub 2.0 I was able to set each one up individually. This seems to be a step back and I'm considering refitting the old hub and seeing if the new TiVo V6 box works with that, if it will then problem solved. But it seems that they are getting lazier programming these super hubs they get less functional as newer ones are introduced.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

never tried it with the hub 3 - wait for more input - you might have a fight to get the hub2 back on - it will have been de activated - may be better to push for that to be re connected and then worry about the hub3 later - talk to retentions if you want to do that

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Up to speed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hmm, I haven't experimented with any of that on Hub 3 but can support the fact that the software on the Hub 3 is pants to say the least.

I would hope its in Virgin's best interest to sort this out, specially considering there commitments to stopping cyber bullying and other child friendly internet measures.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

hub3 has been around a fair time and not much has changed in the firmware - i would not be holding my breath for VM to sort it - like many things the solution is easy but will cost - modem mode and a 3rd party router

Tony