Menu
nigelad
Tuning in
Message 21 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Set internet time limit for child

Hi Shelke,

I came across your advice on MAC filtering to limit access for kids, on several different threads.

I have the original superhub, and appreciated your advice; however I'm having problems.

It seems to me that if my son's PS4 is already connected to the wifi when the curfew time is reached,  the MAC limiter doesn't work.

Will it only block connection for the named device if it attempts to connect after the curfew?

Thanks for any advice.

NIgel

0 Kudos
Martins1
Settling in
Message 22 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, 

I have the same problem. 

I've read this thread - and can't really work out what the best thing to do is. 

Did anyone try the app? Did it work? 

And if not, has anyone tried the 'buy another router' option? And if so, can anyone recommend a router to buy? I have borrowed something called a tp-link - anyone tried one? 

And my thanks in advance for all help. I'm ok techically but no, i can't do binary... 

0 Kudos
Claireannejames
Tuning in
Message 23 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Why is something that is so obviously needed by parents, so ridiculously hard? I think Im going to have to continue unpluggling it removing the damn power supply and hiding it in my room (although I'm told you should keep them plugged in for updates). It's utterly ridiculous to have to resort to this just because internet providers can't provide a simple piece of software to control my hub which should be accessible from my phone.
kdodd625
Tuning in
Message 24 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I agree entirely! I've been asking this question for a year now and still no (easy) way to turn the internet on and off on kids tablets and phones.

It was easy on the old superhubs, so why not the Superhub 3?

It's about time Virgin addressed this problem which is an essential means of limiting internet time for children?

Tags (1)