Menu
gwtoxz
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Repeated email about websafe settings

I keep getting the same email 3 or 4 times a day , I have not changed anything ?!?!?

Hi,

We've noticed that your Web Safe parental control settings have recently been changed in your My Virgin Media account. 

If you meant to do this, then please ignore this email. If not, then simply sign in to My Virgin Media go to "My Apps" and change them back.

If you think you need to change your password once you’ve signed in to My Virgin Media, just visit "My Profile".

For more information check out Switched on Families our online & interactive guide tokeeping your kids safe online.

Kind regards,

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Repeated email about websafe settings

Well, I suppose there's a chance someone else is doing it because they've got your password (although it'd be an odd thing to choose to do if so!)

If I were you I'd log in, make sure WebSafe is set as you want then, as suggested in the email, change your password in "My Profile" - just in case.

Keith

Signature 16-12-24 (forum size).png

0 Kudos
BexTech
Superfast
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

We are getting the same thing!

Even when no one else is in the house, or connected to my Wi-Fi!

Get email to say switched off then few mins later another to say switched on!

Even changed password, but has made no difference!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi BexTech,

I'm sorry to hear you're receiving so many emails regarding Web Safe settings.  How many emails do you receive a day?  I've checked and everything looks to be set up with Web Safe, so I can't see any reason for the repeated emails.

If you could keep an eye on it and let me know how many emails you're getting and when I'll look into this a bit more for you.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
BexTech
Superfast
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Kev_B wrote:

Hi BexTech,

I'm sorry to hear you're receiving so many emails regarding Web Safe settings.  How many emails do you receive a day?  I've checked and everything looks to be set up with Web Safe, so I can't see any reason for the repeated emails.

If you could keep an eye on it and let me know how many emails you're getting and when I'll look into this a bit more for you.

Sometimes might be just one a day, sometimes two or three. (in pairs, so one is two emails, usually about 10 or 15 mins apart, two is four emails in total etc etc). 

16:21 on 30/7 had email "We've noticed that your Web Safe parental control settings have recently been changed in your My Virgin Media account. ....." then one at 16:37.

Yes I was online at this time, but not gone into settings to switch off or on web safe.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi BexTech,

Thanks for the update, according to the data we have here the Childsafe settings were toggled off and back on at your end, hence the email to advise you.

Is there anyone else at home that has access to your account details and could be switching settings off and on?

If the advisory emails keep coming could you please try a further account password change and monitor the outcome.

Please let us know how it goes.

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
BexTech
Superfast
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ralph_R wrote:

Hi BexTech,

Thanks for the update, according to the data we have here the Childsafe settings were toggled off and back on at your end, hence the email to advise you.

Is there anyone else at home that has access to your account details and could be switching settings off and on?

If the advisory emails keep coming could you please try a further account password change and monitor the outcome.

Please let us know how it goes.

Not at the times and no one else other than me has the account details, plus they have been changed too!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi BexTech, 

As no one was home or able to change the settings, I would do as Ralph suggested and complete another password change. 

Let us know if you receive any further emails after that and we'll be able to investigate further for you Smiley Happy

Keep us posted,

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos