Menu
wongy627
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Parental Control is OFF but Adult Restriction still active

Hi

Having a massive problem not being able to turn off my parental control off. I have manually turned it off and rung Virgin 4 times, still not working. I can see in the forums, I am not the only person to suffer with this problem.

Has anyone been able to solve this frustrating problem?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Does ChildSafe show as set to off when you go back into the WebSafe control panel? Have you rebooted your hub and computers since making the change?

If the answer is yes to both and it is still blocking you from accessing adult content, then a member of the Forum Team here can turn it off for your account. One of them will respond to your topic in up to three days.

In the mean time, you can manually change the DNS settings on your normal device, to say Google DNS, though there are alternative DNS providers out there. WebSafe won't affect you anymore after DNS changing and rebooting your device.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hello wongy627

Welcome to our forum, sorry to hear you are having problems with parental controls, thanks to Shelke for for the good advice.

Have you had a chance to try a hub and devices reboot yet? 

By the way at the moment I am unable to identify you from your forum details to check our end but will do later if required.

Please bring us up to date.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos