Menu
Kempster95
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Parents and Internet Crash

Hey guys,

I was browsing around on a website that sells legal highs and other stuff parents would not be happy about (bad I know... sorry haha) and ran into an error 400 crash. After the crash the internet went down and my parents rang virgin media for help and then the next day gave me the biggest earful 'cos they knew that I had been on the site etc.

My question is do you think virgin media explained to them that I had been on the site or have they been looking through my phone or have some other software monitoring what I do?

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
maths15
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Parents and Internet Crash

You got busted pure and simple. Unless you pay the bill for the Internet service no one here is going to advise you how to hide your browsing history.

if you think you are old enough to take legal highs then you are old enough to take a **bleep**.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

hiya @Kempster95 virginmedia don't see your browsing history, that is all kept locally on your machine/device.. since deleting the history from tools etc.. there is many ways to get this back.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
new2001
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

What this makes no sense ?

1. Legal highs are legal lots of people buy them online.

2. You could run into an error because the page might have not have loaded properly or the websites server might be down. 

3. This would not cause your internet to go down.

4. If it did Virgin media would not check your internet history as they do not have permission to do so.

"Fresh as a Daisy" hmm I smell a troll Smiley Wink 

0 Kudos