Menu
johnnieromance
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Mac filtering hub 3

hi 

my new hub 3 Mac filtering doesn't work.  when I apply the time to turn off and on certain wireless devices the hub locks up and the only way to get it back is to turn it on and off at which point any settings I may have saved are lost.  I am Mac based, operating on Sierra 10.12.6.  I have seen some people having the same problem and in some cases buying a new router as a work around with the hub in modem mode.  I am reluctant to do this as it feels complicated and adding an unnecessary piece of equipment into the chain.  the Mac filtering on my hub 2.0 worked really well.  does anyone know if virgin are addressing this issue with the hub 3.0, as I am clearly not the only person having these problems? thanks. j

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mac filtering hub 3

Hello johnnieromance, 

Thanks for posting, welcome to the Community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry for the connection problems! We're always working to improve our equipment and services. Please keep in touch, when we've got updates, will be sure to post. 

Thanks for your patience, 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
johnnieromance
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather, just to be clear are you saying there is a known fault here that you are working to fix?
Thanks
Johnnieromance
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello johnnieromance

Yes sorry we are aware of some issues with the MAC filtering on the Hub3 and hope to remedy it in a future firmware release. In the meantime I appreciate that it is a bit more fiddly but one of our Superusers has come up with a bit of a workaround using the allocated local IP address http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Switched-On-Families/Set-internet-time-limit-for-child/m-p/31388...

Hope that helps

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
johnnieromance
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

hi Nicola_C

thanks for this, your superuser is clearly not just superuser by name!  I had a look but it's slightly beyond my technical skills and at the risk of making a mess I have decided to leave well alone.  if anyone has a simple work around or if the tech dept can sort out why the simpler mac filtering isn't working on the Hub 3 that would be a huge help.  thanks

johnnieromance

0 Kudos