Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5 (347 Views)

Mac Filtering on new Hub 3 why isnt it working?

Good evening, i have been using a S-Hub 2 for about 3 years and never had any problems. I used the mac filtering to stop access to the internet at certains of the day or night for certain devices.

For the past few days i have had a HUB3 and soon found all the settings i needed to do the same, however it doesnt work, Even with all the settings in place the devices still have full access. When i log out of router all of the settings i spent time sorting out are gone and its set back to default.

Ona side note when i put a timer of the Guest Network as it shuts off the main network sguts off as well for a period of time, that cannot be right.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5 (327 Views)

Re: Mac Filtering on new Hub 3 why isnt it working?

Same problem here. Annoying isn't it. Perhaps if enough of us complain about the HUB3 mac blocking we might get a result from VM not a workaround or buy a new router. The HUB3 works fine but I wish I never had the HUB3 because of the lack of this function.

Forum Team
Message 3 of 5 (306 Views)

Hey tkdsouth and SH3user,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I appreciate that you've brought this to our attention. We're aware of problems with the Hub 3 which we're hoping to have resolved by a firmware update.

Please keep in touch for updates.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5 (305 Views)

I hope VM are not underestimating the difficulties parents face on the Hub3 without this function. Do you have an estimate completion time for the firmware update. I would be willing to test out a beta version if you make it available and supply feedback as a normal user.

On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5 (291 Views)

[ Edited ]
I have been reading this forums and other online and it seems people have been talking about this since the release of the product.
0 Kudos