Menu
mason9947
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Internet time restrictions

Hi all,

Does anyone know if its possible to set up the Super Hub 2 router so that internet access is only available at specific times?

Thanks

Andy

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Internet time restrictions

Hi Andy

You can use MAC filtering to restrict access at certain times, have a look at this helpful post from  here:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Switched-On-Families/Controlling-Teens-Time-on-Wifi-Parental-Con...

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong :-) If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Andy

You can use MAC filtering to restrict access at certain times, have a look at this helpful post from  here:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Switched-On-Families/Controlling-Teens-Time-on-Wifi-Parental-Con...

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong :-) If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

mason9947
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The MAC filtering suggestion was spot on. Thanks.
mason9947
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

All sorted, thanks for the help. MAC filtering did the job.
0 Kudos