Menu
SH3user
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hub3 IP, Port filtering and timed access

When will this feature be working on the Hub3. Are VM working on it as a priority or just leaving it. I really need this feature as I have to remove the fuse from the plug or switch off the guest wifi and say there must be a fault to stop whining at bed time. When I could switch the kids off automatically at 19:30 they knew where they were and the routine.

0 Kudos
SH3user
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub3 IP, Port filtering and timed access

Oh! No reply yet?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

hiya @SH3user there is around a 5+ day wait for the forum admin to reply, you could take a look at -> http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Switched-On-Families/Set-internet-time-limit-for-child/td-p/3138... to see if this helps, since might be awhile before they fix all the bugs in the firmware, other option would be putting the hub into modem mode and use a 3rd party router.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
SH3user
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the link pautechy. I think I have read most of them before and the possible workarounds. All I want to do is have the functionality that my Super Hub had. Select a Mac address and set a time limit for the device as many other parents want. The initial post is a reminder to VM that many people require this function to work on the HUB3.

SH3user
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Oh! No reply yet?

0 Kudos
SH3user
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Request to Virgin Media

When will this feature be working on the Hub3. Are VM working on it as a priority or just leaving it. I really need this feature as I have to remove the fuse from the plug or switch off the guest wifi and say there must be a fault to stop whining at bed time. When I could switch the kids off automatically at 19:30 they knew where they were and the routine.

0 Kudos
BigMalc73
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Totally agree - this is vital functionality for all family users. Come on Virgin - get this sorted or you lose my custom.

SH3user wrote:

Thank you for the link pautechy. I think I have read most of them before and the possible workarounds. All I want to do is have the functionality that my Super Hub had. Select a Mac address and set a time limit for the device as many other parents want. The initial post is a reminder to VM that many people require this function to work on the HUB3.

0 Kudos
SH3user
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos