Menu
T0MAT0
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 - parental controls / internet access times

We're new Virgin customers, looking to configure our Hub 3.0 to restrict internet access times for children. How do we do this?

We've already installed / applied WebSafe, but can't seem to find specific times to restrict internet access. 

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 - parental controls / internet access times

At this point, HUB3 does not support that functionality.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The hub 3.0 doesn't currently have controls for MAC filtering (unlike the older VM hubs) which is normally the way to control access, but @Shelke has posted a workaround using IP filtering which you could try:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Switched-On-Families/Set-internet-time-limit-for-child/m-p/31388...

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
Karenztaylor
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there. There's a new app just out called "Wifi blocker". It blocks Individual Wifi. I know the creators of this app are in the process of adding time schedules onto this app. Hope this helps.
WiFi Blocker by test-alpha ltd
https://appsto.re/gb/BumTjb.i
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

1. it wont ( because all it does is tries to program the hub3, and the relevant hub functionality is broken)

2. spamming for other commercial products in app stores is not allowed

0 Kudos