Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3 (158 Views)

How do I stopped extra data being added to my son's phone when he goes over his allowance?

How do I stopped extra data automatically being added to my son's phone when he goes over his allowance?  Within days the charges start to add up and my son frequently 'forgets' to tell me he is at his limit - I do not want to pay any more per month or be too heavy handed but need to address this.  Can anyone help?

Thank

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 2 of 3 (151 Views)

Re: How do I stopped extra data being added to my son's phone when he goes over his allowance?

You should be able to cap the data by giving them a call. If they cant cap the data then you should be able to cap the bill so once they reach the limit only the remaining free services on the phone are available until next cycle/ payment.

I dont know if its of any help but a lot of the time I use VPN for added security especially when I use my online banking, PayPal or if I simply dont want a company to know my location or ISP by doing domain lookup.

What I have noticed though is a good reduction of data usage since using a VPN, downfall with them though is they can be a lot slower. This is 1 of them that I use and I like the fact its up to 5 devices: https://www.privateinternetaccess.com

Do your homework though if you consider using a VPN.

May the force be with you,

MOA.

HUB 2ac in modem mode, Netgear R7800 Router, a wee switch & NAS.

My Broadband Ping - MOA VM Monitor
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 3 (147 Views)

Re: How do I stopped extra data being added to my son's phone when he goes over his allowance?

Dear MOA,

Thanks ever so much for your post, it's really helpful. I'll give Virgin a call.

Best regards,

Gary
0 Kudos