Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5 (312 Views)

How do I restrict my children on wifi? Is there an app?

We want to restrict our children on wifi but without restricting ours, the wifi box is in our daughters room, thanks in advance Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 2 of 5 (303 Views)

Re: How do I restrict my children on wifi? Is there an app?

I think the best option would be via 3rd party software.  If this is a PC/laptop you could try the parental controls filtering software Qustodio (www.qustodio.com).  They offer a free version of the software to give it a try.

I don't think it is possible to disable the Wi-Fi at certain times just for an individual device.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 3 of 5 (288 Views)

You could try looking at the mac filtering options, although I'm not sure if you can time them on a superhub,

You could get a suitable 3rd party router with more sophisticated filtering rules, and run the hub in modem mode 

0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 5 (265 Views)

in the options mac filtering you can turn off the internet to other stuff

Using VIVID 200 Gamer Optical Fibre, Full House TV, Talk More Anytime

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5 (227 Views)

The easiest way is to log in to your router. There is a function that allows you to block the MAC address of your child's device/devices from accessing the internet at the times you choose. Here is a link to the guide

https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

Note. If you are unfortunate to be using a HUB3 it doesn't work yet.

0 Kudos