Menu
Hbigers
Settling in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How can I turn on web safe only for children's devices?

I need to control children's internet access without affecting all users, how can I do this please?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can I turn on web safe only for children's devices?

Hi Hbigers,

Thanks for dropping by the Community, good question, though at this point in time although the filter options are customisable and you can individually control the level of blocking, this will apply to all connected devices.

One option may be to use the 'timer' option to turn the settings off for certain periods.

Hope this helps.

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

To add to the helpful advise above:

Or change the DNS on the devices you don't want affected by WebSafe, to say, Google DNS https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/?hl=en - or whatever other DNS server(s) you want to use.

As WebSafe is applied through the DNS, the DNS switch on the other devices will stop them being affected by WebSafe.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If your children use each individual computers then you can try K9 Web Protection ( this is for windows pcs and possibly macs)
Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos