cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling Teens Time on Wifi - Parental Controls

zac72
Tuning in

We haven't long joined Virgin Broadband and I have been trying to get my head round the security included with the package.  I have 2 kids, one boy just nearly 18 of whom I do not wish to control his access, but my 15yr old has been sneaking his mobile out in the middle of the night to play games, I then confiscated his mobile after 10pm each night but he is now using his smart TV to access internet during the night - my husband has been getting so cross that he just cuts the power to the hub from 9pm every night, which is annoying to the rest of us who need to use it after this time.  I can't work out a way of just cutting out my 15yr olds access (he has a smart TV as we cannot easily or without massive expense get an aerial/signal to his bedroom for normal TV/Freeview due to the location of his room, we've even tried the portable aerials and none work) , from an internet search I have come across what looks like an US product 'Webcurfew' that on the tin seems to do exactly what I require, but just wondering if anymore with more technical knowledge than me can suggest anything apart from ripping out every piece of entertainment equipment from my son's bedroom!  Many thanks in advance.

22 REPLIES 22

I've applied all the settings that are shown above but my sons phone is still showing as being connected to the wifi ??

I did exactly this on my superhub 2 and turns out my teenager is one step ahead, when I'm not in he simply puts a pin in the reset button at the back on the router and basically wipes all of restrictions and as the standard password for this router is "changeme" he logs onto the router to get the access password! Found out that the new hub 3 has better security to stop him doing this but..... The hub 3 does not support the restrictions!!! One step forward two back I think!

I've just tried it and it and as well as being awkward to know which device is what, it ended up blocking access completely to my son's pc. He even restarted the pc as he thought the problem was with that! I still want to set it up as he spends too much time on there but how can I get it to work??