Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4 (259 Views)

Child Safe

Why is it that I can switch Child Safe on but when I check back days later it has turned itself off?

I'm trying to block inappropriate sites to protect my kids from seeing or searching material and this does not help

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4 (244 Views)

Re: Child Safe

TJST56 wrote:

Why is it that I can switch Child Safe on but when I check back days later it has turned itself off?

I'm trying to block inappropriate sites to protect my kids from seeing or searching material and this does not help

make sure you're not saving your login details on the PC as the kids could potentially be logging in and disabling it after, also, child safe can be bypassed by changing the machine to not use virgin medias DNS servers which is a very simple change

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 4 (233 Views)

Hopefully one of the Forum Team will look at why changes to Web Safe (that includes Child Safe) are no longer (consistently) generating a notification of change email to primary account holder's email address.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 4 (224 Views)

Yes, its a bit weird as I get a notification when its turned back on but nothing when its switched off.

I'd have expected to have received a similar message to advise me of the change.

0 Kudos