Menu
Chloejones26
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cant access sites due to Child Safe

Hi all,

Im having a problem with my virgin media broadband in that when i want to access certain sites the child safe block is still showing even though i have turned this off including the virus safe.
I have reset my hub and turned on and off, what more can i do?

Thanks,
Chloe
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cant access sites due to Child Safe

If it is showing as saved to off in the control panel then either: wait up to three days for a response from a member of the  Forum Team here, they'll go into your account and correct the issue.

Or ring 150 from a VM phone / 0345 454 1111 from any phone, report a broadband fault - once through to an agent, ask them to correct the problem (ensuring it shows as turned off on their system end.)

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

if you need an  immediate bypass, just change DNS settings to  google DNS  8.8.8.8  & 8.8.4.4 in network properties on the device you are using.

child safe is very easy to bypass like that and Google will give detailed instructions.

then you can wait 3 days for a proper fix.

actually, just rebooting your pc ( not your hub) may force the child safe toggle to work. clearing all browser history and temporry files will help also as PC may be saving the "blocked" info locally, and not re-checking

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chloejones26,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you here Smiley Happy

OK, I've gone in to your account and set the Child Safe to off. 

Should you ever wish to turn this back on, this article will help you do this: Child Safe

We're also here if you have any further questions Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out