Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 7 (656 Views)

Can I check what time my boy switched off a device?

Hi all,

I was just wondering if I can check what time devices was disconnected from the WiFi? I'm trying to give my boy a chance to be responsible and turn off before​I jump straight in and set WiFi times on the hub.

TIA

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 2 of 7 (633 Views)

Re: Can I check what time my boy switched off a device?

What sort of device is it? tablet? phone? console?

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 7 (629 Views)

Xbox, phone and pc. 

Kippies wrote:

What sort of device is it? tablet? phone? console?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 4 of 7 (624 Views)

That rules out our system- after a certain time of night they are only allowed on tablets and then we have "tablets down" time for each child. Other electronic devices are "on trust" - the signal its tablets down time seems enough for them to keep off the others...

You could use a combination of motivation- letting him know you are trusting him to manage his time himself- and then check if the devices are still connected though the HUB's interface as an enforcement measure.

Like you, I prefer telling them why its important they pack up and go to sleep at a reasonable time rather than enforcing through parental controls. But let him know you are happy to go down that route if he doesn't return your trust with responsible behaviour.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 7 (614 Views)

Thanks, but I wanna be able to check the next day if he's done what he's supposed to have done. Ie turned off.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 6 of 7 (610 Views)

HUB doesnt have that facility- best you can do is check after the deadline that the devices are no longer connected to the HUB-

You tell him to come off at 10pm - check the HUB at 10:30 and see what devices are still connected...

Rising star
Message 7 of 7 (298 Views)

This may be a bit late but....

Expensive Option
(1) Buy a Linksys router and plug it into the superhub.
(2) Put the superhub in modem mode.
(3) Plug/connect all your devices to the Linksys router.
(4) In the Linksys router settings go to "Parental control" and set the time period that the required devices are allowed to connect for.

Cheaper Option
If the phone and PC are all Windows based, log in to/create your microsoft account and add your son as family child member and configure the parental controls accordingly. This works on Windows 10. Dunno about lesser versions as I am a Linux user!

0 Kudos