Menu
Gazstan72
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Broadband usage - Any way I can see which sites have been visited

Is there a way seeing which sites have been visited by my children. History is deleted so I was wondering if it's poss to see via the router?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband usage

That's not a hub option. You'd need some kind of net nanny type software installed on their devices to monitor and control their usage.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband usage

Gazstan72 wrote:
Is there a way seeing which sites have been visited by my children. History is deleted so I was wondering if it's poss to see via the router?

One quick way of listing every Internet site accessed (whether or not by the browser) is by viewing the DNS cache. To do this, open up a command prompt (search cmd from the Start menu), type "ipconfig /displaydns" and hit enter.

This will produce a list of all the Internet sites accessed from your PC. Be aware that this includes not only web pages which have been accessed directly, but also any content which is accessed indirectly by such pages. This could include ads for questionable content which have been placed on otherwise innocent pages, so be careful before making any assumptions.

Web pages which have been accessed directly in this manner will generally show up as beginning with "www.", but this is no guarantee. Even pages accessed in private browsing modes will show up in this DNS cache but, of course, a truly tech savvy individual will know to type "ipconfig /flushdns" which will delete all of this stored information.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.