Menu
brucelee4444
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Blocking websites

Hello,

I want to block the game site Roblox from my home PCs. Is it possible to do this at router or IP address level, so that all computers are blocked?

Thanks,

Robert

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blocking websites

hiya @brucelee4444 what hub you have?, since the hub has trouble blocking domains so best to do it on the PC the best way would be alter the host file guide -> http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/windows-and-office/quick-tip-block-unwanted-sites-using-the-windows... since most kids will have no idea about the host file, if the are trying to get around it.. just be careful when altering windows files make a backup of everything you do..

you would need to do this on each machine, will still allow mobiles/tablets access 

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
MrHalfAsleep
Rising star
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Using the hosts file is a good way of blocking sites.  if you want to give the kids the runaround, you could simply block it in the browser itself and on the router, as altering one of the settings won't work as the others will kick in.Smiley Happy

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
0 Kudos
brucelee4444
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Paul, I have a super hub 2, will look at those links re mod the host file. 

0 Kudos
brucelee4444
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank ha. am also hoping the game provider will block our IP address, will update this forum when (hopefully) solved, or to ask for more help...

0 Kudos