Menu
xanadu5579
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

yet another utilisation post

I am sure by now most people are aware of the issues that VM are facing and I do to a certain extent sympathise, well I did until last month.

I am a long time customer and have been since the days of blueyonder.  When the utilisation issues hit first in 2015 I was hit hard, well I thought so with most of my evenings download speeds in and around 1-4 mpbs (yes I know the advertisement is upto 50mpbs, but I figured that was too low).

I like many people complained and received some credit, now over the last few months I have been getting speeds of around 0.01 mpbs so again complained and spoke with "customer services" who looked and said I also had a fault with the power so an engineer would be booked and also to help a shiny new hub3.

Great, things were on the up, engineer arrived worked out that all my cabling was actually almost 20 years old and could have degraded, so replaced some cable for me.

New hub arrived and for most of the xmas period speeds were great, the lowest was about 4 mbps, which to be fair I could cope with.  By mid Jan things had gone back to 0.01, but I also got notification that my free speed boost, one of the only things keeping me here (that and somehow I had signed up to another contract in 2016) was ready for me, so I log onto my account and no speed boost.

I thought it was odd so I started an online session to find out, turns out when I accepted the new hub 3.0 and the engineer visit I waived my right to the speed boost and also signed up to a new contract for 18 months.  This is despite the fact at the time on the call I was actually trying to get a cancellation date

I have sent in a complaint yet again asking for a transcript this time, as Virgin Media clearly do not care about customers. I mean how can it be justified after so long of bad service to then put me on an 18 month contract just because I am having faults 

Rant over, apologies to anyone who read this, but it seems customer services are also suffering utilisation problems

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: yet another utilisation post

Hey xanadu5579,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

I completely understand how frustrating faults like this can be and I only wish I had better news for you. I can see fault: F003835038 is present and will be reviewed on the 26th April. As you know while this fault is on-going your peak time speeds might be reduced. I sincerely apologies for any inconvenience this is causing, if you keep in touch with us we will be more than happy to provide progress updates.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You are not in a new contract unless you agreed either by signing one or verbally on the phone.

If neither has taken place you can leave without penalty as VM will not have any record of a new contract being taken out.

0 Kudos
xanadu5579
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The contract is a whole new heap of fun which I won't get into on an open forum, however I have been advised that whilst the utilisation issues are going on and confirmed that I am able to leave whenever I wish without penalty.

I did have a fun conversation the other day with a tech though who suggested that I had far too many devices connected to the internet which would not be helping me with my speeds and I should try disconnecting them before testing and calling again.

Roll on April lol

0 Kudos