Menu
Aspidesdra
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

wifi speed

Yet again Virgin are not coming even close to the promised Wifi speed, can't even watch a film.  I am paying for 200 and receiving 6.97.  Complain and nothing is done, but keep taking the money. I should have stayed with Sky.  Poor service, nil customer service 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: wifi speed

Whilst WiFi speed is a crap-shoot, you had issues with your connection before- were they resolved?

Whats a wired speed test saying?

0 Kudos
Aspidesdra
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

They have never resolved the problems I had, they have asked for feedback on their responses and I have given them, twice. Completely ignored, not even a phone call.  I am well and truly hacked off with Virgin.   I am just about ready to hit the small claims court with them!!

0 Kudos
Aspidesdra
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wired speed test 6.97
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Aspidesdra wrote:

They have never resolved the problems I had, they have asked for feedback on their responses and I have given them, twice. Completely ignored, not even a phone call.  I am well and truly hacked off with Virgin.   I am just about ready to hit the small claims court with them!!

Heres the last reply on a thread you were in previously. marked as answered.

aspy.png

Im not trying to be clever, just trying to see where we need to start troubleshooting. Did you have an engineer out to fix it at that point?

Either way,

So we can help us to help you, can you

Go to your Superhub Log in screen

Do NOT log in.

Little button top right.....

Can you post Upstream, Downstream and Network logs.

Screen caps are nice, C&P will do- Don't stress about formatting if you C&P. Someone will get a look and see if there's anything obvious amiss.

Feed back about what happened with the engineer vist, post the metrics and hopefully we should be able to help...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Aspidesdra,

I shall do my best to help with this. WiFi though is subject to interference from so many sources that I'd prefer to concentrate on your wired speeds. I know this doesn't relate to the title of your thread and I hope you don't mind Smiley Happy

My tests aren't revealing any area or Hub related faults so I'll need to find out a little more about your connection if that's OK?

• What type of Ethernet are you using - Cat5e, Cat6?
  • Is the slow speed evident on other (wired) devices?
  • Do the speeds ever increase at any point in the day?

Please provide as much information as you can so we can help with this.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos