Menu
thelor101
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

what are VM going to do ?

seems everybody is pretty much suffering from high utilization..

myself included constantly during the day 600+ms connection is unusable, and the fix date just keeps getting put back and back

sick of seeing the same forum replies from admins 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: what are VM going to do ?

ummm solution- dont read the forums?

Your suffering from confirmation bias- YOUR problem is everyone's problem. Out of 4 and a half million subscribers, how many are complaining of overutilisation?

• Yes some areas have been affected for years and that's a disgrace
  • Yes its an issue that OFCOM need to get to grips with
  • Yes they should stop selling in overutilised areas

Blah blah been here before etc....

My areas fine. I'm active on here, and a few other forums and there's large swathes of VM customers with no issue. But that doesn't help you. Time to move supplier....

0 Kudos
thelor101
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

that's great that your area is fine ! excellent news nice one thumbs up
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sorry , I thought you were here for some honest advice instead of just wasting your time venting about something that will not be fixed any time soon.

My bad...

In that case ill amend my reply

"Just wait for your review date instead of doing anything. It WILL come and go with no improvement, but meh. Yes Everyone on VM has overutilisation issues and they ALL just wait for things to magically improve themselves, so you should too. God forbid you could actually influence your fate by taking some action yourself...."

There, happy now?

0 Kudos
thelor101
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

What kind of action would you like me to take?

i've had engineers out made several posts

currently sat here on my day off with 600 ping so sorry if I'm abit annoyed

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Think he was suggesting to move supplier instead of sitting around and waiting for nothing to happen.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
ian-c
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Kippies wrote:

ummm solution- dont read the forums?

Your suffering from confirmation bias- YOUR problem is everyone's problem. Out of 4 and a half million subscribers, how many are complaining of overutilisation?

• Yes some areas have been affected for years and that's a disgrace
  • Yes its an issue that OFCOM need to get to grips with
  • Yes they should stop selling in overutilised areas

Blah blah been here before etc....

My areas fine. I'm active on here, and a few other forums and there's large swathes of VM customers with no issue. But that doesn't help you. Time to move supplier....

Here we go again..... it must be confirmation bias. What alternative possibilities can you suggest.

It is FANTASTIC that you have a near perfect service. All of us that suffer a degraded service (confirmation bias?) are pleased for you and the large swathes of customers with no issues.

OK, thelor101 made the comment 'seems everybody is pretty much suffering from high utilization.'
Perhaps if he added the words 'on these forums' to that sentence it would be more statistically correct (the majority of customers on these boards have issues with the service) Perhaps then you would not feel the need to berate and belittle him and other customers that come on here, see the swathes of similar issues, and vent their frustrations? Its turning into quite a habit.

I've challenged you on this before, perhaps as a 'superuser' you could / should show a little more restraint and respect with your responses.

-----------------------------------------------------------
I am in an OVER UTILISED VIRGIN MEDIA AREA - poor speeds of 0.3Mbps to 4Mbps every evening.
Contention reference "F002896495", has now become F004952644.
Ongoing since March 2014. 16 review dates... Next Review JANUARY 2018
pete7049
Well-informed
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Not wanting to take sides or anything, but I can fully understand that new people to this forum come here to get things sorted out. After dealing with the offshore call centre, and finally finding their way here, a rant is only to be expected. I did the same, and will do one tomorrow, if the need arises. Smiley Wink

F003443743. December '14 - May '17.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi thelor101,

I know that it must seem, when visiting this Forum, as though VM has nothing but over-subscribed areas to offer. But this Forum is primarily used for fault reporting - we don't often get posts reporting when things are working well (we do sometimes, though rarely), but it can make the reported issues appear more widespread than they actually are.

Also, where similar type faults are concerned, it can be difficult to avoid posting same-worded replies. For utilisation issues we'll always offer an apology,  advise of the pending review date and need for increased capacity etc. I guess our responses can get a bit samey Smiley Sad

But I shall still offer you my apologies for the fault affecting you. Also, if you wish to, please post update requests on here so that you can consider returning to us when the network upgrade is actually completed.

All the best,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Elston
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Jen,

Well said. With overutilisation issues myself I can understand thelor101's frustrations.

The thing is, we're being charged for a service that should be available all the time and at the speeds we contracted to. VM don't reduce the monthly bill commensurately when the service is poor then crank it back up when everything's fine and dandy. We have to try to get in contact a VM to arrange small recompence when things go wrong.

My advice: Hang in there thelor101 until the fix comes. You could change supplier, but the chances are you'll be no better off!

Good luck,

Elston.
0 Kudos