Menu
johnf7
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

website is not responding

Hi,

First time on here although I've been with VM for many years. I am constantly having problems with websites freezing/bombing out e.g. 'live.com is not responding' and I have to press 'Recover webpage' button. This is happening approx. every 2-3 minutes and is VERY annoying. This has happened since I was upgraded from 100mbps to 150mbps with a new SuperHub2 installed. I have rang the VM helpdesk on 150 (India) around 6 times now and all they do is get me to change the channels on the Hub (although twice I was put on hold until cut off grrrrr). Changing the hub channel makes no difference. I have connected my desktop to the hub via an Ethernet cable and receive speeds up to 162mbps when working, but laptops only getting around 50mbps via WiFi (and getting same 'is not responding' messages). I've been to the VM shop to complain but am just told that they cannot deal with it and I need to ring the helpdesk. Going round in very frustrating circles. Anyone got similar probs?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: website is not responding

Hello johnf7,

Thanks for joining the community, great to see new members Smiley Very Happy

Sorry about the problems with your connection. You've mentioned that your hard-wired devices get a good speed, do the problems occur with the cable connected? If this is only affecting wireless devices you might find that changing your wireless channel helps, especially if the fault is caused by wireless interference.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
greeniegirl
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: website is not responding

Hello

It can be frustrating when your having connection problems here is a few things to try:

1.  If you are using windows 8 or 10 make sure your drivers is up to date.  Even if you pc shows no updates available I would go to device manager.  If your using windows 10, right click on start, click on device manager, click on network adapters, click on wifi driver when this box opens up click on driver tab then on the left you will see update driver then select the top option to search automatically for an update.  

2.  Some devices are limited to wifi capability so I would go to the control panel, click network and internet, click network and sharing centre, when it shows your connection to your wifi name (light blue colour) click on it, this will say ip v4 address etc, next few options down you will see speed, so if your getting wifi speed of around 50mps you might see a figure of 72.2 or 144mbps this will tell you the wifi capability of that device.  Its difficult with wifi as no company can guarantee a wifi connection due to interference.

3.  Have you tried resetting your browser or using a different browser? sometimes the browsers themselves need to have cache cleared and reset.

Hope this helps

Goodluck 

I am a virginmedia employee but all opinions are my own.
0 Kudos