Menu
johnr51
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

vivid 200 speed

im a long time virgin customer, over 10 years now, and never really had any problems with the broadband until recently.

im on the above broadband speed, been on it for a few months now, but ive noticed over the last few weeks that my speed has been dropping.

when i first got the upgrade i was getting in excess of 150mbs on my speedtests, now im down to 85mbs average, down to 50mbs at my lowest.

anyone got any suggestions as to how i get my speed back?

and as a side note, is it possible to put vpn settings into my superhub 2.

thanks in advance 

john

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: vivid 200 speed

Hi Johnr51,

Sorry to hear your speeds are dropping. I've just checked your connection and can see that your upstream power levels are too high which will cause poor speeds and disconnections. We'll need a technician to visit and adjust this for you.

I've just sent you a private message to arrange the best time. 

To view your private messages just check the envelope at the top of the page.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

All Replies
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Johnr51,

Sorry to hear your speeds are dropping. I've just checked your connection and can see that your upstream power levels are too high which will cause poor speeds and disconnections. We'll need a technician to visit and adjust this for you.

I've just sent you a private message to arrange the best time. 

To view your private messages just check the envelope at the top of the page.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Johnr51,

Thank you for your message. I've now replied with the details of the booking.

0 Kudos
johnr51
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

update on the engineers visit

he came and sorted the upstream speed out and replaced the superhub2 for a superhub3.

it seemed ok for a day or so but now im back to around 50mbs on speedtests, if i do it on my iphone i get around 135mbs.

i even plugged the laptop directly into the router and speedtests only came in at around 100mbs. the laptops only 10 months old and got a very good spec, as i use it for gaming and such

any ideas?

johnr51 wrote:

im a long time virgin customer, over 10 years now, and never really had any problems with the broadband until recently.

im on the above broadband speed, been on it for a few months now, but ive noticed over the last few weeks that my speed has been dropping.

when i first got the upgrade i was getting in excess of 150mbs on my speedtests, now im down to 85mbs average, down to 50mbs at my lowest.

anyone got any suggestions as to how i get my speed back?

and as a side note, is it possible to put vpn settings into my superhub 2.

thanks in advance 

john

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi johnr51, 

Thanks for the update on performance!

I've run some checks from here and I noticed that your Hubs logs show a number of time outs inside, I would like to arrange for an engineer to carry out some checks and resolve this for you.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll ensure this all gets booked and secured for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos