Menu
cabledan
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

virgin media wows

Have not been on this board long and my first post back in 2014 almost mirrors this one.

Been with Vm a long time when i very first joined i was actually the first person on my street to have vm service now in a road of 54 house the vast majority of house have vm, great for them and the beginning of my wows with vm

200mb internet, big khauna tv package.

my average internet connection speed based over a month? 24mb, this morning at 6am ( yeah i forgot the clocks went forward) 3mb!

worst of all no telephone line for 5 1/2 years!!!., 

Yesterday 2 hours and 20 minutes on phone with tech support resulted in a dead superhub that was working when we started and was locked solid when he had finished.

" we will send you a new one and you can call back when it arrives"

you do know im callng you from my mobile phone ( no vm line) and have been on this call a hour and a half? and you want me to call back, again? when you send another box

" yes please"

no dont bother i can get another supermodem in 5 minutes from my tenant who has left and you have never collected the parcel despite it sitting here for the last six months.

40 minutes later the replacement hub has been reinstalled and via remote link tested by the vm guru.

" you have 54.3 mb connection sir can i help you with anything else " err yes i am looking at the same screen as you ( he speedtested from my laptop) and it says 24.3 not 54.3  thats actually slower than when we started ! yes sir but its working i will transfer you to customer services.

"customer services can i help you"  

no thankyou can you transfer me back to the person who i was speaking too i am not happy that he has left me with less broadband connection than when i started...

" i cant transfer you to the same person but i can transfer you to the same department"

no its ok (knowing i would be on the phone for another hour) whilst i am here can we sort out my phone service i have not had a vm line for 5 1/2 years....

." sorry sir thats not possible you cannot have had a problem for 5 1/2 years let me look at your notes" long pause then piped music.

" hello sir i have looked at your notes and you first reported fault in October 2011 and it was rectified by a repull in december 2011"

no it was not and there has been 3 repulls since then, the problem is at the roadside box on the krone idc blocks they are corroded and need replacing 

" sorry sir i can see that you have called many times etc etc etc blah blah blah....." i can book an engineer for 14th april

silence long pause.............................................very long pause

"hello customer services" different voice

i think i have been transferred someone was booking a appointment for a engineer then i got you

" i will check sir"

long pause

sir can i have the password please 

i gave that 2 hours and 20 minutes ago! as i look at phone showing call duration 2 hrs 40 minutes

"can i have password please"

password recited

"thats incorrect sir"

no it aint its my (****) name i know how to spell my (****) name

"try again sir"

password recited and then phonetically

thats incorrect sir i have to terminate call

silence    longer silence

shes hung up

2 hours and 40 minutes of my life gone

slower internet speed

and not even sure if i have a appointment for a repull thats not even needed

ridiculous service and i have got bored of wasting my time on the phone with quite frankly muppets reading from a script.

whe i get some internet may start looking up broadband suppliers and move on

JPL8
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin media wows

"OVER FIVE DECADES, THE VIRGIN NAME AND LOGO HAS BECOME RENOWNED FOR PROVIDING A UNIQUE AND EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE"

'Our brand' — Virgin

Well it seems that Virgin Media has certainly taken that to heart because their customer experience is certainly unique and exceptional ... Just not in the right way.

"Cable broadband is typically faster than copper-based services, but a significant minority of users experience severe slowdowns in peak times." — Ofcom, UK Home Broadband Performance, November 2016
0 Kudos
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Do you have a specific fault number for your issues?

0 Kudos
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Do you have a specific fault number for your issues? If so what is the fault for?

0 Kudos
cabledan
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

never been given a fault number

my faults are 

poor broadband pay for 200mb once saw 94mbps for clarity i do not use the virgin wireless i have 3 ubiquiti aps around house all the tvs are hardwired via cat 6a to a netgears switch  and the  pc i use is hardwired too and the network card is 1 gig

no telephone line (dial tone) to the virgin wallbox (dp) mounted on my house wall, when virgin first came house was being renovated and they left a long loop of cable which was routed by ourselves to loft where av cab is situated whilst we were at it we routed 2 cat 6 cables (so 8 pairs) from av cab to the aforementioned virgin dp just in case as routing a new cable would be nigh on impossible. Virgin original cable for phones tones down to dp box (on my wall) as do all the pairs.we installed as spares.

there is no significant loss ie (0.02 db down the virgin super coax from the f plug joint they have inside the dp box on my wall to the av cab in loft.this has been checked on numerous occasions by vm engineers.

after at least 60 phone calls ( all from my mobile) over the last 4 plus years i have never once been given a fault number

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi cabledan, 

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know about your slow speeds, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have run some checks from here and I noticed that all of your downstream power levels are borderline on the lower end of the scale, I can't see anything else that would explain these issues as your area cable looks great with no signs of congestion or load issues.

I would like to arrange for one of our engineers to attend and investigate this further for you. I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking.

Please respond to me there and I'll get this booked and secured for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos