Menu
TARGETZERO
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

virgin media tell the truth

for the last few years, my internet has had a fault, and every month virgin media, give me a fix review date.

i pay upto 60 pound a month, for upto! 200meg speeds, averageing anywhere from 1meg upto 60 on a good day.

my contract has ran out a while back, but as i am busy working all the time, i havent had the time to source a new provider.

Tonight i noticed a deal virgin media are offering new customers ie  unlimited 50mb £27.00/mnth for 12mnths. line rental included.

if i drop my internet down to 50 mb, less than what i am paying for now, which i never get. i would have to enter into a 12month contract to down grade. and chances are i would have to pay more than £27 month.

each month you tell me there will be a fix review date, and each month it comes and goes, and the internet speed stays the same.

You try to amend for this fault, by offering me a gesture of good will as you put it

a engineer that called out to my home, informed me that the fault was never going to get fixed, because it would cost millions to sort out in this area, so why am i bieng given fix dates/review dates?? and why are you takeing money out my bank accout every month for pss poor service.

please advise me of a new isp, with a working truth telling customer service please

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin media tell the truth

Hey TARGETZERO,

Thanks for getting in touch Smiley Very Happy

I sincerely apologise for the on-going faults in your area, I know it's really inconvenient.

As you know with these faults, they're out of our hands, if I could quicken it up, I would.

We would be more than happy to keep in touch and provide updates. If you want to discuss your package or account, please get in touch with our Customer Services team.

Again, big apologies, hope you have a great weekend.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
TARGETZERO
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin media tell the truth

so far, nothing has changed since you, said theyve fixed it by private message. im still paying for upto 200mb, and never get over 80 to 90 ever! the speeds are still as bad as befor, with no chanage whats so ever. convieniently you have stopped giving me a deduction, of my monthly bill. im no longer under contract, but if i choose to lower my payments to a 100 meg service, you would want me to enter into another contract. i find this basicly entrapment, with the only choice left to me, to find another isp

? why should i have to pay for half the service???

0 Kudos
TARGETZERO
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

IGNORED/And Never fixed

ive opened another post, as my other one is bieng totaly ignored!  virgin media has been giving me a deduction of roughly 10 pound a month of my 200mb , 60 pund a month bill. This is all due to on going faults i have had for the past few years!

recently i recieved a private message of this forum, adviseing me that said fault had been fixed, it has not changed  at all, and i still recieve the same service ive always had.

I PAY YOU 60 PLUS a month for "upto" 200mb speeds, this never gets past 90mb on a good day, my contract has long run out and so has my patience. I WAS ADVISED TO repost on my original thread and wait for someone to reply, that was last week, i even flagged my post, no reply. i then went on to repost to the man who advised me through pm. Ignored again

This fault is not fixed !!!  please explain to me why, i have to pay you 60 pound plus a month for 90 megs, where a 100 mb package is 32 quid. and you think your doing me a favour by knocking 10 pound a month of my bill, that you have now stopped? reply please or lose a customer

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: IGNORED/And Never fixed

you are not being ignored.

VM staff currently take about a week to reply. you last post as less than 1 week ago. With most billing problems though you will most likely ned to call in
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Faults aside, are you testing your speed with a wired connection and if so, does it have gigabit Ethernet?

90 is a pretty common limitation due to hardware.

Dave.

0 Kudos
jasonukuk
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

vermin media are full of private word .

blood hell £60 they charge u for the net and £10 off .

my hell as been over 18 months and the private word taken the £10-12 away now ,

with the bull my area been fixed area 20

vermin media should be bin man/woman people as they remove the cr*p @ the person home.
0 Kudos