Menu
gummyle10
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

very slow speed

I have the 300 mb and I get 22mb speed all day I called them they keep telling me they doing work in the area this as been going on now for over 6 months I had 200 mb for the first 3 months was told if I upgraded I would get the speed up to 300 but still getting the run around think its time to got to bt or sky as virgin media just tell you aload of s**t

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: very slow speed

Hello gummyle10,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the slow speeds you're experiencing, I appreciate this is frustrating.

Checking your connection I can see that we're currently working on a fault in your area under ref: F004529419 which is due for review on the 29th March. This fault is to resolve high capacity on the network which could cause slow speeds, especially during peak time hours.

Please accept my apologies for this and let me know if you've got any other questions.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
gummyle10
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hmm that's strange as this slow speed has been going on now over 8 months and you keep telling me that you are working on this slow speed now and every time I ring in i get told it will be at the end of the month I ring in also I was looking at ofcom where you say. Say that you are giving the speeds out at 200 all day long we'll that's a load of rubbish and I got told when I put a complaint in that I was on a traffic reduced speed to me downloading a lot and was told if i upgraded to 300 mb I would not get them and after upgrading still to find I was only getting 20-30 mb and calling again they told me I was not on a traffic slow as you don't do that so I still waiting to find out what's being done about the removed who lied to me and i think this work your telling me again is more rubbish as when that date comes and goes I will still be getting slow speeds

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey gummyle10,

Thanks for getting back to me Smiley Happy

I completely appreciate this is frustrating for you, and if I had any other info I would pass it along.

These fault can take a while to resolve due to the complexity of the work required and often we face delays beyond our control from 3rd parties such as local councils.

I really do wish I had better news for you. Please keep in touch with us for an update when the fault gets reviewed.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Andy1975
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

More VM lies... 99% of the work required is WELL within VM control, You do not need permission to access your own equipment on the street or shove a cable down your own manholes..

Anything that does require council planning/permission is pushed though VERY fast (a matter of days) as its part of the government improvement scheme that WE PAY FOR to upgrade the equipment (well its 50% paid by us taxpayers)

0 Kudos
JPL8
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I agree with Andy1975. I can see the VM cabinet that serves my area from my house. There was a fault on it that ran through most of 2014/15. That fault was "fixed" in August 2015. This is what VM said: "I've looked at the ticket and it has been closed following the contention returning to tolerable levels. This was after the most recent set of works. Some of the fix is sensitive information so I can't tell you too much I'm afraid but I can see that some equipment has been upgraded and additional downstream channels added. I predict the students coming back in October will certainly have an impact but hopefully the new equipment will be up to the task." Guess what? A new fault was raised in October 2015. This one didn't affect me until 20 January 2017 when I renewed my contract and VM changed my package from VIVID 152 to VIVID 150.

I've lived in my house for 14 years and the only work I've seen done to that cabinet is that it's been repainted from green to grey. If VM had ever needed to dig up the pavement/road/seek planning permission etc, I'd have known about it.

"Cable broadband is typically faster than copper-based services, but a significant minority of users experience severe slowdowns in peak times." — Ofcom, UK Home Broadband Performance, November 2016
0 Kudos