Menu
loady
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

very poor service area 21

Have been with virgin for over a year and never had speed issues, now suddenly in the evening we are getting little to no speed at all, best speed will be upto 3mbs but its often below 1mbs, on the phone they just tell you that they don't guarantee a wifi connection, this speed is not acceptable at all. I am thinking the modem needs replacing but when we contact them (daytime before 7pm) the speeds is acceptable so as far as they are concerened nothings wrong, I have also tried the hub in modem mode with two different routers attached and its the same. I cant pay for this dismal service.

0 Kudos
loady
Joining in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: very poor service area 21

Do any virgin media ops actually look in here?, clearly I am in over subscribed area and was accepted onto the service at this time, the internet is completely unusable in the evening, wired I get maybe 2mbs and wifi 0.1/2mbs, but they don't guarantee wifi stability.

There is apparently a ticket raised that has been getting pushed back constantly and doesn't look to be resolved. Any non virgin people in here can advice how to get out of this poor contract under sales of goods and services act ?

0 Kudos
loady
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Morning loady,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to see you are experiencing slow broadband speeds.

I would like to check your connection in more detail, however I was unable to locate your account. If you can send me a Private Message confirming your name and address, I can look into this for you.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
loady
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sent you a PM, nows a good time to test it, I'm getting less than 1mbs

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Forum staff don't work Sunday.

Dave.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hiya loady,

Thanks for the message and confirming your details.

I've managed to locate your account and it appears you are being affected by a high peak time traffic fault in your area. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F003586732 and has a review date of 28th June.

Apologies for the delay and inconvenience caused.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
loady
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

What am I expected to pay for this broadband which is not fit for purpose and how do I check on this ref F003586732.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there loady,

Thanks for getting back to me.

In regards to updates on the fault ticket, you can post back here and we will check this for you.

I have also sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) to discuss this further.

Speak soon

Sam

0 Kudos
JPL8
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

loady wrote:
What am I expected to pay for this broadband which is not fit for purpose and how do I check on this ref F003586732.

It's a shame that VM don't provide a service that you can check yourself. Simply sign into your account, type in the fault reference number and instant update.

Instead, you have to ask for an update here and then, so long as your post isn't missed, a member of the forum team will get back to you in 3-5 days. Nothing could be simpler, could it.

Did I say "shame"? Perhaps I meant sham ...

"Cable broadband is typically faster than copper-based services, but a significant minority of users experience severe slowdowns in peak times." — Ofcom, UK Home Broadband Performance, November 2016
0 Kudos