Menu
chrisrob
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

very new customer shocking broadband speeds

New Customer . I Cant believe how low my broadband speeds are. The ads are lies

Constant buffering. what a farce.

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: very new customer shocking broadband speeds

Sounds like something is broken.

What speeds should you be getting ?

What speeds are you getting ?

Is this via and Ethernet or a wifi connection ?

0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

chrisrob wrote:

You have 14 days to cancel, the clock is ticking, it takes 2 weeks before VM respond (more than 14 days)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
georgedrabble
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

chrisrob wrote:

Chrisrob I SERIOUSLY recommend you do as Bartman007 says or you will be stuck with paying for something you are not getting. If you can get to a VM store do that as contact by phone ridiculous 99% non existant. Check other threads for proof. Over subscription/Over utilisation with no intention of spending money to sort this out. Fixes are nothing but Reviews & will never be fixed. Add false advertising by VM to that & you've got a one big pot of lies & deceit. VM getting fat off of your cash & you with an everlasting bad taste in your mouth. Leave while you can & do not listen to a word any of VM agents say. You'll pat your self on the back for doing so.

Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I suggest calling up and asking if there is a utilisation fault in the area and if so they should be able to find it and provide you a fault number. If that is the case LEAVE to avoid the headache as it will NOT be fixed anytime soon if ever.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Id go with Besties advice. Phone in and find out if its overutilisation, or wait for staff to pick it up and tell you. If it is, exercise your right to leave with no penalty within 14 days.

If you want, we can check your power levels in the meantime-

Go to your Superhub Log in screen

Do NOT log in.

Little button top right.....

Can you post Upstream, Downstream and Network logs.

Screen caps are nice, C&P will do- Don't stress about formatting if you C&P. Someone will get a look and see if there's anything obvious amiss.
meantime-

Also set up a BQM

HERE

Run it for say 24 hrs, and post the result.

Dont forget youll need to make sure your super hub is configured to reply to ICMP echo requests...

BQM.jpg

If you have HUB3, it will respond to ICMP automatically.

BQM trace will more or less tell us if it is overutilisation.

0 Kudos
massimocristi
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I agree. I left sky to take advantage on the 200 speed only virgin offer. Rarely get these. I say we all collectively go to OFCOM and report them.
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Just to add to VM's code of practise, or lack of it, OFCOM rules:

Quote from OFCOM: Codes of practice

Under the voluntary code of practice on broadband speeds, Internet Service Providers (ISPs) agree to give clear information on broadband speeds to consumers when they consider or buy a home broadband service, and to provide redress when speeds performance is poor. Ofcom and ISPs have agreed a revised code which came into effect on 1st October 2015.

Links to the revised code, and a plain English guide for consumers are provided below.

List A shows those ISPs who have confirmed that they have now implemented and are signed up to the 2015 Code. ISPs who have signed up have agreed to abide by the principles and spirit of the Code. This does not guarantee compliance but we expect signatories to commit to honour the letter and spirit of the Code. We will monitor compliance with the Code using measures such as ongoing mystery shopping.

List B below shows those ISPs who informed us, at the time of implementation of the revised 2015 voluntary Code of Practice or at a later stage, that they want to sign up to the Code once they are compliant with the requirements.

If you are an ISP and would like to sign up to the voluntary 2015 Code of Practice, please email Celia.Pontin@ofcom.org.uk

List A

• BT
  • Sky
  • Virgin Media
  • KC
  • EE
  • Talk Talk
  • Vodafone
  • Zen Internet

List B

• Hyperoptic
  • Plusnet
  • InTouch Systems
  • The Co-op
  • Post Office

So VM have actually broken that code with their sales team, and OFCOM will be told Via CISAS, we need more people to make official complaints as soon as.

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
wayneuk0709
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Been Virgin customer for nearly 16 years and the last 12 months have been utterly shocking.

Don't believe the ads.
0 Kudos
hortonj88
Up to speed
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

My account was disconnected on Thursday.

I've had utilisation now at 2 houses (Both in Area 04)

My first address I put up with it for 3 years, This address it's been going on since November.

I won't accept "It'll be fixed by x date" it never does.  I did the talking with my wallet and moved to another ISP.

Sky estimated me 66.8 to 80.  I am getting between 75 and 77  24/7.  Upload is between 18.5 and 20.

It's a shame Hyperoptic isn't more widely available.  The speeds they offer completely blow what Virgin can ever offer out of the water.

Left VM 9th Jan 2017 due to high utilisation. Enjoying reliable services with Sky Smiley Happy