Menu
last15p
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

v slow broadband speed in London W3 Jan 2017

very slow speeds in London W3 all day on 3 January; down to 1 Mbps. tried on line testing to no avail, then called Virgin. Tech states lost of upgrade work in the area to replace/upgrade cabling as Virgin oversubscribed so unable to cope with customer numbers. Also tried to claim this was an evening only problem, but pointed out speed test through the day were consistent at 0.9 to 1.2 Mbps. Tech and manager state the "upgrade " work might take until 3rd week in February and there is nothing that can be done. after an hour of discussion, they agreed to book an engineeer to come out as they state no-one else has been so badly affected ( engineer booked for 11 February)... Anyone else having problems?

0 Kudos
last15p
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: v slow broadband speed in London W3 Jan 2017

4th January - delighted to receive text from Virgin stating they had found the network problem in my area and so had cancelled my appointment with the engineer (1037). 2 hours later (1237) a further text reported that Virgin had fixed the problem and everything should be working fine now........Unfortunately when I got in from work, the problem had not been solved so replied HELP as advised (2015). Immediate response on text suggested to restart everything and if still not working properly in 30 minutes text HELP again. At 2058, texted HELP again ( no response until 2212)- Last message from Virgin "OK We'll do another check our end. We'll do that before tomorrow 12:00.... 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Last15p,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're getting poor speeds. I've just checked your connection and can see that there is a contention fault under ticket F004977625. This will cause slow speeds at peak times such as evenings and weekends and is due for review 12/04/17.

Other than this I can see that your downstream power levels are too high which will compound the slow speeds as well as causing drop outs. We'll need to book a technician to visit and adjust this and I've just sent you a private message to arrange the best time. 

To view your private messages just click the envelope at the top of the page.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Last15p,

Thank you for your reply. I've just sent another private message with the details of the booking.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos