Menu
taztaz
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

upload speed

hi all my internet has been playing up  for a couple of weeks that i've noticed anyway slow in connecting to pages ... so id thought id do a speed test i get 20 to 50 mbps download speed what is fine .. but upload speed is nothing or sometimes 0.02 mbps ? ive rang virgin they done a few tests including factory reset my router but still no  change, i've been looking on the forums and a few say have a look in the router status i have but this means nothing to me ? any ideas ? i've got a technician coming out next week but just thought it might be something i could fix Smiley Wink

Upstream   US-1 US-2 US-3 US-4

Channel Type2.0N/AN/A2.0
Channel ID17N/AN/A20
Frequency (Hz)46200000N/AN/A25800000
Ranging StatusSuccessN/AN/ASuccess
Modulation16QAMN/AN/A 16QAM
Symbol Rate (Sym/sec)5120000N/AN/A5120000
Mini-Slot Size4N/AN/A4
Power Level (dBmV)48.00N/AN/A46.00
T1 Timeouts0000
T2 Timeouts0000
T3 Timeouts470017
T4 Timeouts0000

thx brad

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: upload speed

That errorncount doesn't look pretty and suggests something is wrong with the upstream definately.

All you can do is check your connections around the house where the cable comes in are finger tight and wait for engineer.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
taztaz
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: upload speed

thx for reply shafreya thought so ;( just rang up virgin media to see if i can be put an a cancellation list he has took my number but not holding my breath lol .. got a house full of kids goin to be a long weekend ;(
regards brad
0 Kudos