Menu
BootleBadBoy
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

upgraded in cost downgraded in quality?

I recently "upgraded" my connection to the vivid 200 gamers from the standard 150mb . I use twitch and game alot etc.... 

I used to get a standard 150 mb, there or there abouts. Now i get between 30 and 70.

Why does this always happen with virgin?

I rang customer services and they said we will monitor it. Thats no good to me. The same thing happened when i got the 150mb . have to keep calling and calling until i get someone in support who actually knows what theyre doing. 

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5978099788
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5978117643

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: upgraded in cost downgraded in quality?

Hello BootleBadBoy,

Thanks for posting Smiley Very Happy

Really sorry to hear about the slow speeds you're getting since upgrading, I know this is disappointing.

I've just taken a look and I can see that we're currently working on a fault in your area. The fault ref is: F004609213 and it's due for review on the 5th April.

This type of fault is responsible for reducing the speeds during peak time hours (evenings and weekends).

How are your off peak speeds?

Catch you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
BootleBadBoy
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My off peak speeds can be anywhere from 5 to 85. still miles away from what I'm actually paying for.

If its not to fixed until April then why am I being charged for the 200 vivid gamers connection that I dont have?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello BootleBadBoy

Yes sorry about that, I will send you a forum private message to discuss further, please reply when you have a minute.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos