jasonukuk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

they say the problems fix area 20 and

Your service

08:42 pm on Thu 30 Mar

We're trying to sort it out for you
In about 10 minutes we should have finished, so take a break and then restart your equipment and check to see if all is well. If there's still a problem, please get in touch with us.

Call options
from your Virgin Media phone or mobile
0345 454 1111⌄
from any phone
Lines are open
⌄ For calls to our team from a Virgin Media phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles may vary.

reset modem and still same message .
0 Kudos
whiteswan
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: they say the problems fix area 20 and

Hi

I have been getting that message for 7 days when I try and do the test.

Dave

0 Kudos
IanSR
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: they say the problems fix area 20 and

I've been getting that message ever since NTL turned into Virgin, at lease I'm not the only one having trouble in Area 20 today.

Let me guess? crappy speeds, intermittent operation, major packet loss, datalight constantly flashing?   Started at the weekend?

This afternoon I noticed on the service status page for area 20 it was saying there was a broadband fault and it was expected to be fixed by 3pm, 3pm came and went, message disappeared but nothing changed, speed came back to normal about 7pm for about an hour but packet loss was almost 40%, and the speed has now dropped back down to a crawl, so slow that speedtest can't complete the test. 

My Superhub 2 keeps filling up the log with "Lost MDD Timeout", so I guess there is an actual fault somewhere since my post on the subject here earlier today has gone unanswered by Virgin too.

0 Kudos
jasonukuk
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

any one aread 20 internet 100-300 meg with problems .

high utilisation i getting they say the cable from manchester  computer to me near runcorn cheshire.

they tell me the problem fixed and over heard wasnt on the teck line the teck rang here.

im unsure if any one area 20 is online with the same problems for the last 18+ months .

or since 25-march-2017 

151 SAY FIXED BUT ORDER A URGENT TECK OUT <
HE UNPLUGS AND STILL PROBLEM 

RINGS WALES OFFICE AND OVER HEARD STILL NOT FIX .

VERGIN MEDIA REFUSING TO PAY THE £10-12 A MONTH DUE TO TICKET CLOSED.

ANY ONE IN AREA 20 ONLINE ?? AND WHICH AREA OF NORTHWEST THANKS .

0 Kudos
IanSR
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: any one aread 20 internet 100-300 meg with problems .

Area 20 is big it seems, I'm in Surrey and are having similar issues, not bothered to phone up yet since experience tells me they will just lie to you, I've had far better results in the past from the staff on the forum, and our internet is on, just dam slow.

For me, the resounding silence from anybody at Virgin to the deluge of forum posts complaining of all the same issue is indication to me there is a major problem on their network somewhere that they are already aware of it, but just don't want to confirm to us.

Our issues started around the 25th and got progressively worse, I feel your frustration.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: any one aread 20 internet 100-300 meg with problems .

Hi jasonukuk,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

Sorry to read you are having an issue with your broadband connection.

I've taken a look at your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. The network segment is running stable with no faults reported.

Are you able to complete speed tests at different times of the day whilst the Hub is in modem mode please? This will eliminate other devices connected.

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos