Menu
vivinoir
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

terrible download speeds AGAIN

Once again my Download speeds have been reducing rapidly over the past month or so  and they have finally gotten so bad i can literally do nothing, I am on the Vivid 200 Optical Fiber and i am only getting 1-3 mb/s downloads which is ridiculous, my upload speed never changes it's always 10+  mb/s. Before i am asked, no i can't  test wired, my router is upstairs, i have had over 100mb/s before on the exact same equipment i have now so do not bother blaming my wireless connection. I have also tested it across mutiple devices in different locations of the house and they are all the same. 58905901551.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: terrible download speeds AGAIN

Your downstream power levels are way too high and need to be adjusted.

You will need to contact VM for resolution, either by waiting here for about a week until a VM Forum Team Member picks up the thread, or give them a call on 150 from a VM line or 0345 454 1111 for a quicker response.

All Replies
AgentP
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The only reason people ask for a wired connection for testing is because your router could be clashing with another channel on the Wireless spectrum e.g. someone could have got another provider e.g. sky, BT TalkTalk e.t.c. and their router has chosen same channel as yours to operate on therefore causing congestion on the airwaves which in turn can produce similar symptoms to slow broadband hence the need for a test to be done at the same period using a possible wired connection, if it is still affected with the wired connection at the same period in time as when you get it using wireless then i would THEN suggest its a possible High Utilisation on the downstream in your area and it won't just be you affected.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Your downstream power levels are way too high and need to be adjusted.

You will need to contact VM for resolution, either by waiting here for about a week until a VM Forum Team Member picks up the thread, or give them a call on 150 from a VM line or 0345 454 1111 for a quicker response.

vivinoir
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

oh thankyou for the reply, il try contact them to get it sorted.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello vivinoir

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you are having problems with speed. The area traffic does not look to bad but as griffin mentioned your downstream power levels are out of spec so that would be a good place to start. I will send you a forum private message to arrange an engineer appointment. Please reply when you have a moment.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos