Menu
atiq
Up to speed
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

super hub 3 ? latest

today I upgrde to another year to 200mb. currently I am using my own netgear router R9000. With superhub modem moder , because my SH has poor WIFI . my question is how do I get NEW SH3  Latest one, I upgrade to another year  today. but using my own NETGEAR ROUTER,  ?

0 Kudos
chutwutt
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: super hub 3 ? latest

Just about made sense of what you wrote kid..

basically, r9000 is an animal but Id still get the hub 3 because it locks onto more downstream channels.

You should call retentions tmrw and tell you want it...simple the fox as that. Should have mentioned it when doing the deal but not hard on new contract as youl have cancelation period if they say no...

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you using your own router and are not having speed issues, then getting a hub3 is probably a bad idea. Currently (is being worked on) it has increased latency over the other hubs with its chipset issue.

Other than that all the hubs are the same so there really isn't a point 'upgrading' if you have no issues.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

atiq
Up to speed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is this both SH 2ac and NEW SH3 are same speed modem? .actually currently i am using my own Router netgear R9000.so is any tech diff between both SHs.
0 Kudos
voicon
Up to speed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The SH2ac can handle 200mb but won't do 300mb if you plan to upgrade, there is a problem with the SH3 at the moment where the modem chipset causes high latency, this especially affects gamers.

So if you are a gamer keep your SH2ac, if not you will probably be OK with the SH3.

From the wifi point your R9000 is far superior to the wifi provided by either SH2 or SH3.

Patron
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Dont bother with the SH3 at the moment it suffers from poor wifi drops signal latency issues , I tried it for over a month had dropped service down to belwo 1meg transfer speed, 

VM do not recognise there is an issue when you call the help desk , but happily with no question sent me a SH2ac with no questions.

atiq wrote:

today I upgrde to another year to 200mb. currently I am using my own netgear router R9000. With superhub modem moder , because my SH has poor WIFI . my question is how do I get NEW SH3  Latest one, I upgrade to another year  today. but using my own NETGEAR ROUTER,  ?