Menu
pfcdre
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

stupid slow speed and constant disconnects

Portsmouth po4 area, ongoing issue last two years, over utilization, tonight back to constant disconnects and when connected getting less than 4mbs down and 9mps up, so my upload speed is higher lol, this is daft the work that virgin knows needs to be done keeps getting put back, frankly i have lost patience after two years of substandard service, i have just ordered bt connection. After being a customer since cable and wireless days i have had enough, my brother is on leave and i cant chat to him because of bandwidth and drop outs, 21st century, not for virgin. 

0 Kudos
Phillz
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: stupid slow speed and constant disconnects

I have been living this problem for months now and I just about reached the end my patience.

Just check my speed believe or not a ping time of 718MS! Download speed of 0.1Meg! I'm paying 70Meg!

Postcode NG15.

0 Kudos
OlieS
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same issue and again it's been happening for months now, bad internet speed and a rubbish router!.

When I first signed up I was actually really happy with the service. I was paying for a 100mb line and was actually getting that on average. To make things even better a few weeks ago I got a message to say that I have been successfully upgraded to 150mb line, GREAT!! Actually not so great !!!!! My speed on average is now 7mb!!!

I've called up to complain but all I get it turn the box off and on again or change the channel. All of these things I've done hundreds of times before. It I honestly don't think they give two hoots!
0 Kudos
amason51
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Having the same problems, slow speeds and disconnections. I posted on their Facebook page and they said I should come on here, its sad really when you have to come on to a forum to get something fixed when Virgin should have the expertise and answers to fix this. I live in hope!

0 Kudos
amason51
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Oh dear! Just used Speedtest and got a speed of just over 17Mbps, well down on the "up to" 200 Mbps!

0 Kudos
pfcdre
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

just got a private message yet another review date of march 2017 lol, i think the purpose of a review is to simply discuss when to set the next review date! cause for over a year thats all that happens, you get a pathetic discount for rubbish service. I think a review goes something like.Person A  "speed is still bad in that area with over utilization" person B " yeah but it will cost this much to fix" Person A " oh, ok, its cheaper to just knock a tenner off the bill every month, tell them we will do another review in 6months" end of discussion!