Menu
debbie_72
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

speed issues again!!

The customer service I have received from Virgin media is shocking. Again We are experiencing our broadband either working very slow or just drops out. I contacted Virgin media on Friday13 Jan to find out what the problem was. I was told by a member of the team that there was an issue with my router and that an engineer would need to come to the property to find out what the problem was. The Engineer was booked for Sunday 15 Jan 0800-1200. I waited until 1145 and called again to be advised the engineer had been cancelled as the issue was a known network issue and servers were being upgraded, apparently the work has been going on since Jan 2016 and would not be completed until may 2017. So I am currently paying for superfibre70 at £26 pm and lucky if I am pulling 30mb. I was advised that a credit will be put onto my account and I would be on a reduced bill until the work is completed. On Sunday 15 Jan I spent all morning waiting in for an engineer that was never going to arrive and a further hour or so on the phone to Virgin media trying to sort my credit/ reduced bill which is STILL not sorted. Can someone please contact me and advise of the progress of the credit being applied to my account and the reduced bill I Can expect until the work is completed.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: speed issues again!!

Sounds like you've have the run around from offshore and their scripts.

Engineers being cancelled happens if the fault is an area fault (in your case over utilization) as there is nothing the engineer can do to fix it at your property, it's got to be when the networks team come fix it.

As to May, that is a REVIEW date not a FIX date, offshore scripts call them fix dates and will promise everything that is it a fix date. It just isn't.

On to the credit, again with offshore this doesn't always get processed. There is nothing anyone from the community can do for that, you will have to wait for the forum team to reply (around a week currently, from your last post) and discuss with them via PM. One point I will say is, the credit per month would be their form of reduced bill you would be paying for the duration. The credits are also proportional to your package and the fact it's (meant to be) a 24/7 service, so don't expect a huge amount.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: speed issues again!!

Hi debbie_72,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear about the trouble you've had trying to get this sorted.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details and discuss this further with you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos