Menu
fatlagger
Tuning in
Message 1 of 38
Flag for a moderator

speed is shocking time to go !!!!!

Just cancelled all my services another weekend of poor speeds as low as 1meg even after a hub reset. And got home tonight at 5.00PM and 33meg out of 150 wow and its not even peak time will post again later for a laugh at peak as it will be lower still.15 months and still no fix do people in bl2 not matter or are we all so gullible, man on phone was apologetic, even he did not know why it is taking so long, I joined in October 2015 was told fix would be January 2016 then July then august then October then November and finally 22 feb sorry VM not good enough and as nice man on phone said its still not a possible fix . If your looking for broadband in bl2 sorry I would give VM a miss I don't see a fix coming any time soon , PROVE ME WRONG VM.

0 Kudos
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Re: speed is shocking time to go !!!!!

I have had the issue since November 2014 and am in the process of leaving as the connection is just getting worse also they had the cheek to attempt to sell me business broadband knowing that wouldn't work as it should either.

0 Kudos
fatlagger
Tuning in
Message 3 of 38
Flag for a moderator

fatlagger wrote:

Just cancelled all my services another weekend of poor speeds as low as 1meg even after a hub reset. And got home tonight at 5.00PM and 33meg out of 150 wow and its not even peak time will post again later for a laugh at peak as it will be lower still.15 months and still no fix do people in bl2 not matter or are we all so gullible, man on phone was apologetic, even he did not know why it is taking so long, I joined in October 2015 was told fix would be January 2016 then July then august then October then November and finally 22 feb sorry VM not good enough and as nice man on phone said its still not a possible fix . If your looking for broadband in bl2 sorry I would give VM a miss I don't see a fix coming any time soon , PROVE ME WRONG VM. 21 meg at 6.30pm and 13 at 7.00pm all on a wired connection and still falling.Smiley Sad

6036482624.png6036593289.png

0 Kudos
deano2012
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 38
Flag for a moderator

exactly the same here unfortunately' 5MB down on super fibre 50 

Super Fibre 50 

Average download speed at peak times (8pm-10pm)  45.94Mbps lol who there trying to kid' its just took me 20 mins to get a 108mb file.

I am in an OVERSUBSCRIBED VIRGIN MEDIA AREA - Contention reference F003570038, ongoing since March 2016
0 Kudos
fatlagger
Tuning in
Message 5 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Bite the bullet and cancel was on BT till I thought to give VM another go wish I had not left, was a VM customer for 12 yrs before trying BT, it was bad when I left, thought it would be sorted after being with BT for 18 months ohhhh was I wrong. Hope they do fix it for you but I think you no the answer.

Bestie wrote:

I have had the issue since November 2014 and am in the process of leaving as the connection is just getting worse also they had the cheek to attempt to sell me business broadband knowing that wouldn't work as it should either.

Normanrobertson
Tuning in
Message 6 of 38
Flag for a moderator

I hear you fatlagger

speed is so slow that my kids now use there 3G on their phone to connect......   VM fixed my 5G but lost my 2G for a week.      Gave me a new modem to fix my 2G.....now the download speed is under 5..... 50% less than before they fixed it.      Apparently my walls are now the problem !!!! 😀😀

0 Kudos
Normanrobertson
Tuning in
Message 7 of 38
Flag for a moderator

PS.    Also just cancelled broadband, tv, landline.        Gave VM one last chance, but to give them credit atleast they now say they can't fix it rather than string you along as they have done for 4 months.      However 30 days notice seems a long time when the service is 'not fit for purpose'.    

fatlagger
Tuning in
Message 8 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Mine will finish on 10th of march ,fingers crossed hopefully with be with another isp by then, they need to be honest when people sign up and tell them there is a problem ,then it is up to them, how the engineer who fitted mine kept a straight face when I asked him about any problems!!!!!.I will never no ,they need to give him a Oscar!!!!!!!

Normanrobertson wrote:

PS.    Also just cancelled broadband, tv, landline.        Gave VM one last chance, but to give them credit atleast they now say they can't fix it rather than string you along as they have done for 4 months.      However 30 days notice seems a long time when the service is 'not fit for purpose'.    

0 Kudos
fatlagger
Tuning in
Message 9 of 38
Flag for a moderator

still fallingstill falling

0 Kudos
fatlagger
Tuning in
Message 10 of 38
Flag for a moderator

best out of 3 is this a 150 meg connection?best out of 3 is this a 150 meg connection?

0 Kudos