Menu
doormat
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

speed as low as 12mbs

can anyone tell me when my area is going to get 200 as 3 months ago we was put onto it but when it gets after noon then the speed goes down there is a message on my account page that says due to the fantastic cable we have fitted you will be able to do anything 

i have been on the phone and they tell me all sorts of rubbish the last technition that come to our house said it will be done on 14/09/16 but it is getting worse my computer will not run and 

"slow test" says it is 12 and 13 now they tell me it will be november before it is put right

thanks pete

0 Kudos
doormat
Tuning in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: speed as low as 12mbs

does anybody answer these questions

0 Kudos
doormat
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

how long does it take a moderator to look these days

thanks pete

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The forum team respond to the oldest post waiting for a reply. This means if you keep posting on the thread then it will bump you to the bottom of their list. For the quickest response, stop posting and they will get to you as soon as possible. Current response times are up to a week.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hey there doormat,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing slow speeds, I know this can be disappointing.

I've had a look at your connection and I can see that we're currently working on a fault in your area under ref: F003797240 which is due for review on the 9th Nov. This type of fault can be responsible for reducing the speeds during peak times (evenings and weekends) and to rectify this we need to undertake upgrades on the network to support the level of demand in your area. 

Would you please bump this post on or after the review for an update.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
doormat
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

yes i know that but they said it would be right by 14 of sept it has been like this since may 

so i asked for a rebate and they gave me £2 thats generous when you come in the house to go on the internet 

and cannot get on

and they keep asking can i introduce a friend i would not introduce an enemy while its like this

0 Kudos
doormat
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

been in contact with vm about this low speed they say that it would be right by 9/11/16

on 11/11/16 at 7:48 pm the speed was 10.54 tried again 7:52 pm 10.34

now they are saying i should come on here to find out what to do

Help & Support - Need help with your broadband, phone or TV? Want to download a user guide for your Super Hub or TiVo or simply want to make the most of your services? Visit virginmedia.com/help

now can you tell them what you told me

thanks pete

this as now been like this for 7 month

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@doormat Heather gave you a  review date 9th of November, if anybody else told this was a fix date then they lied.  The VM phone support staff are notorious for giving out review dates as fix dates.

My understanding with review dates is that the teams responsible for improving capacity will review the progress made on that date and depending on the progress (or lack thereof) will decide what (if any) additional work needs to be done.

In some areas people have been suffering with peak time issues for well over a year.  My advice would be to change ISP as I have seen no evidence that these issue get resolved quickly.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
doormat
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

what is isp

0 Kudos
BrianY
Superfast
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator