Menu
yorkshire_peter
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

speed and no support available on chat

I have been trying to get on the chat support for ages but all staff are busy. My broadband speed is totally useless on an evening, less than 1MB. I was given a discount for the last month with a promise that it would be fixed by 30th November. It hasn't, and I have now been charged full price £32 once again - this is for a 50MB download package. This is just ridiculous. What are you going to do about it? Is there actually a fault or just oversubscribed and you're throttling your customers' speeds? Surely you can appreciate our frustrations about the lack of progress on these issues?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: speed and no support available on chat

If VM are 100% at fault, utilisation (over subscribing) is their problem, then make a formal complaint with VM, after 8 weeks if its not resolved take it to CISAS, follow my simple guide to make it easier.

You can, if you provide enough evidence to CISAS you can get up to, if not more than 50% of your BB costs.

Hit them in their pocket not yours.

Good luck

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
0 Kudos

All Replies
crowlord
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Its not just you. Speeds are a joke at the moment and nobody at VM seems to be able to fix it.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You can't 'fix' hardware. They (and the parent company liberty global) need to invest more money into it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
crowlord
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I would like to think that the 50 - 100 a month that most users are paying would be tasked towards that end. It appears not.
0 Kudos
jadexco
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am getting half of my download speed.

Used to be right on the mark or even a little higher.

Plus connectivity issues - sites do take long time to respond.

And apparently live chat is now closed (it is 5.30pm, should be open till 8pm but message says: contact us within business hours...)

Getting worse as a result of upping prices recently to apparently offer better service...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there yorkshire_peter,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to read that you are having issues with your broadband speeds during the evenings.

I've taken a look at the high peak time traffic fault in your area (F003614316) and our engineers are still working on this to improve bandwidth with a review date of 26th April. As this is a review date it can be subject to change.

I will pass this across to one of my colleagues who will be in touch with more information.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If VM are 100% at fault, utilisation (over subscribing) is their problem, then make a formal complaint with VM, after 8 weeks if its not resolved take it to CISAS, follow my simple guide to make it easier.

You can, if you provide enough evidence to CISAS you can get up to, if not more than 50% of your BB costs.

Hit them in their pocket not yours.

Good luck

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
yorkshire_peter
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just an update to this, in case anybody at Virgin is interested: I've cancelled my account and am happily going to pay an extra £20 a month to BT for a guaranteed minimum 7meg download service - currently giving me regular 50meg plus each evening. Been a loyal customer of Virgin for over 10 years - it was only when the service started playing up over the last few months that I have ever had any course to complain. Absolutely nothing could be done to fix the problem, which is very sad. A reduction in my bills was provided - but this doesn't give me any internet access on an evening. The internet should be like electricity in your home these days - nobody needs to know about how it works or how fast it is - it should just work and we can all then just forget about it. I really feel for the all the support people as they must be getting hell from everyone at the moment.

0 Kudos