Menu
Highlighted
oldbillc
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

snail speed

Anybody know what the average download speed is in area 30 and excuse me for being paranoid but do new customers get a better speed.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Paul10000
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: snail speed

What a joke - If 1mbps in area 30 in the evening is acceptable then someone is in for a rude awakening. Come on virgin sort it - you can't keep taking peoples cash and not delivering.

All Replies
Paul10000
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

What a joke - If 1mbps in area 30 in the evening is acceptable then someone is in for a rude awakening. Come on virgin sort it - you can't keep taking peoples cash and not delivering.

oldbillc
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What Virgin Media are doing is surely illegal they advertise speeds that are impossible to get any where near 49mbps at 9am is not up to 200mbps   

Paul10000
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is yours really set to a max of 200?   At 7am I get close to the advertised 50 and its great. Then I have to go to work to earn the money to pay the rip off Virgin fees and can't use it in the evening. I'm beginning to feel I must be a mug to have accepted this?

oldbillc
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I get around 13 mbps at 9pm if i'm lucky virgin on a rip off
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How are you connecting wired or wirelessly?

If wireless, try wired directly to the hub with a Cat 5e cable or better with a device equiped with a gigabit ethernet network card. I would test the wired speed during the day and again during evening peak. Pointless posting wireless speeds as wireless is subject to many external factors outside VM's control so it is not a true reflection of your actual internet speed.

For example, 50Mbps would be the maximum wireless speed for a single stream wireless adapter.

0 Kudos