Menu
Flrn25
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

slow speeds

I've been experiencing huge speeds loss for more than a week (not the first time though). I was only able to get 2-5% of the internet speed I'm paying for, (UP to) 100 Mbps. So basically I was paying virgin 45£ for speeds that were normal 17 years ago. When I called the faults department internet speed was a "whooping" 10mbps, after they restarted the modem, it went back down to 2-3 Mbps. 45 minutes later , after the advisor tried to blame myself, saying that the cause for the speed drop is actual the amount of data traffic on my network, she said that I only deserved a 10£ discount on the next bill, and even though Virgin media is in breach of contract, not providing even 10% of the advertised speeds ( false advertising too), she said that I couldn't get out of the contract, and the speed drops I was experiencing will continue to happen until may. Is this Russia? Even then got a lot better internet speeds, and is a lot cheaper.

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone lady needs to calm down! It's customer support, not customer harassment!

Hi Firn25,

I am really sorry about your poor broadband speeds.  There is a reported issue for the part of the network to which your Hub connects. Fault ref: F004610345 requires a network upgrade to resolve. However, before that upgrade work can commence some other, essential work has to complete first. The progress on that work will be reviewed on 17/05/2017 and I'd like to hand your details over to a team who will provide updates and also offer advice on any credit you may be eligible for. Please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and I'll get that sorted out.

I should add that the afore-mentioned fault will impact peak time speeds. However, if your speeds are slow at other times of the day we may need to investigate further. So please let us know what speeds you are getting, at which times of day and whether or not you're connected via wireless.

Many thanks,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos