Menu
facsimileuk
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

slow speeds in wigan wn3

My download speed improved a little last night up to 10mb but tonight it's back to 2mb thought it might be getting better no such luck.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: slow speeds in wigan wn3

Hi there facsimileuk,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read you are experiencing slow broadband speeds during the evenings.

I've managed to locate your account and it appears you are being affected by a high peak time traffic fault in your area. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004962815 and has a review date of 12th April.

To discuss this further I have sent you a PM which you can find by clicking on the purple envelope icon in the right corner.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ian-c
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: slow speeds in wigan wn3

Sorry to hear that contention/overutilisation issues have returned to the WN3 5 area. WN3 6 is in the same situation.
Type F004962815 or WN3 into the search box above for more information from other customers in the area.

I'd say 'hopefully it will be fixed soon' but unfortunately, as can be seen from my sig below, in all likelihood it won't!

-----------------------------------------------------------
I am in an OVER UTILISED VIRGIN MEDIA AREA - poor speeds of 0.3Mbps to 4Mbps every evening.
Contention reference "F002896495", has now become F004952644.
Ongoing since March 2014. 16 review dates... Next Review JANUARY 2018
0 Kudos