Menu
doublea1210
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

slow speeds in evening

hi

only had VM for a couple of weeks. But my speed in the evenings in around 7mps. but in the day I get 80-90.

I understand that it can take a couple of days for the speed to settle down. but we stream a lot of programmes and in the evening the slow speeds mean it is constantly buffering.

we moved from sky and had the fibre 20mps and got that speed nearly all the time.

I am getting very concerned as this is not the first issue we have had since moving.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: slow speeds in evening

Hi doublea1210, 

Firstly, welcome to our forum community!

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know that your broadband is running at around 7 Mbps in the evenings but get 80 - 90  Mbps during the day.

I've had a look at things from here today and I can see that your area cable is affected by some load issues, especially during peak hours. We're planning to undertake some upgrades to parts of our external network in your area in order to combat this.

The upgrades will be to improve bandwidth and performance during peak hours, the reference number for this is F004329338 and is currently scheduled for review around the end of August.

I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) outlining your credit options for this.

Speak soon, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
doublea1210
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

thanks for the reply.
I appreciate the credit. my only concern is that this should have been highlighted when I signed up as any possible action to rectify this is a few months away. to be honest I feel like I have been let down by Virgin. as some nights it is impossible to watch anything by streaming
0 Kudos
doublea1210
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

well virgin the speed has slowly been getting worse over the last few weeks http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5598225540  this was my last speed check 1.32mbps.......this is appalling i cant even stream anything.....my upload speed is far better than my download its a joke.......not happy.....almost 6 months into my contract and i cant wait to leave

0 Kudos
JesusHairdo
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yeah welcome to the club.. they paid me off a few months ago and fed me the same August review nonsense as well.

Its a series of never ending promises of future reviews, nothing ever gets done.

0 Kudos
doublea1210
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

funny you should say that... just had a message saying will now be looked at in December........**bleep**.....ohh and put a £10 credit on my account that does not even cover the cost of having crappy broadband for 8 months
0 Kudos
charliecharlie
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Snap - it's practically unusable from 5pm-12am (when I actually want to use it)

Latency and ping responses from sites such as this and the bbc are averaging from 500ms-1500ms, so even though getting download speeds of 3-4mb (when should be getting 50mb) pages are taking an age to load and can't do anything, not even online gaming.

0 Kudos
doublea1210
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

i feel totally helpless as i am tied in for 6 months till my contract is up, my 2 girls love you tube but if me and my wife are online as well nothing works. to make it worse i havent even been online with the ps4 for months due to he fact that it is too laggy
0 Kudos
lynyona
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

same here wont even run bbc i player or itv player tonight and the pages that do work they just go around and round and dont work properly Facebook you've got no chance its diabolical to many complaints to many different areas they need to get they're finger out and sort it.id withold payment  because i begrudge every penny wasted but theyd only cut me off lol 

0 Kudos
doublea1210
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

i thought about withholding payment but its my credit rating that would get effected........but its a rubbish service
0 Kudos