Menu
blueflag
Joining in
Message 1 of 29
Flag for a moderator

slow speeds LEICESTER

In the last week have been having very slow speeds in the leicester area 1mbps is about the average. should be getting 50mbps really poor service for what i pay. last night was bad and today is the same  virgin keep saying it could be my router but I dont think so I am on a local forum and people also with virgin media have been having the same issue's as myself service faults appear on virgin website and then are taken down put the speed is still rubbish   really not happy

RToTheAze
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Re: slow speeds LEICESTER

Yeah sounds about right, LE3 area here myself and whole area is suffering the same, you're lucky if its only been in the last week since some of us have had it for the past year some even 2 years. Ring them up or get a mod on here to give you a call back, they will give you money back. Granted you seem to have to do this every month, so I've already took the liberty of reporting Virgin Media for bad conduct.

OokraMoO
Dialled in
Message 3 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Same here, Leicester LE3 area, peak times are horrendous, fix dates just keep being pushed back.
Hailing7
Up to speed
Message 4 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Leicester LE2 area here, seems to me Leicester has the worst of it haha.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi Blueflag,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're getting poor speeds. I've just checked your connection and can see that the contention in the area was absolutely horrendous before the weekend but looks to have been fixed around 14:00 on Saturday. There are no area faults open now and all the other stats look healthy now. Are you still getting poor speeds at peak times?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
RToTheAze
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 29
Flag for a moderator

John, I have no idea where you're getting your information from... There's been no fix, connection is still just as bad, I was told on the phone that the utilisation issue for this area will be "reviewed" again... on the 26th of October. Why is it that there seems to be NO cohesion between Virgin staff, I'm getting conflicting and inconsistent information from all of you. 

0 Kudos
CapricornDog
Superfast
Message 7 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi all I'm also in Leicester LE3 and have had problems for over a year and I have been given a fault reference which is still ongoing #F003475619.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi RToTheAze,

Leicester is a rather large area and these issues affect particular network nodes within that area. The issue affecting you may not be affecting blueflag who lives nearby but is on a completely different part of the network.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
casjen
Tuning in
Message 9 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi Im LE5 and my 50m has dropped back to 30 in the last few days. Coincided with the superhub losing my profile and defaulting back to factory setting and had to reset it up again. Lost wireless connection and then the reset happened. Had no probs up till now.

0 Kudos
RToTheAze
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 29
Flag for a moderator

John I know its your job to, but you're talking waffle. Same network or not, its usually the same utilisation fault, I've seen people who live in Scotland on here stating the same reference number for their issue. I got friends all over Leicester also on Virgin who are suffering the same issue... 

0 Kudos