Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5 (100 Views)

slow speed in area 20

Hi All,

6 months ago I was on 50mb broadband and was getting 45mb, then all of a sudden my speeds plummeted to 10mbs. I upgraded to 100mb and was still getting similar speeds.

I contacted tech support and they notified me of a utilisation issue in the area and I was given a credit. I was told the issue would be resolved in December 16, yet here we are in Feb 17 and i'm still getting 10 mbs.

is anyone else getting this issue? and quite frankly I'm getting bored playing ping pong with tech who keep telling me to reboot my router and it will be fine.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5 (72 Views)

Re: slow speed in area 20

Hello austink88,

Thanks for joining the community, hope you're well Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear that your speed has decreased, I know this is disappointing.

Checking your connection I can see that we've got a fault in your area which is responsible for reducing speeds, especially during peak time hours. The fault ref is: F004609590 and it's due for review on the 5th July. While this is on-going we recommend using an Ethernet cable where possible, if you don't have a cable let us know.

Thanks for your patience, if you've got any other questions, just ask.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 5 (61 Views)

Hi heather,

Thank you for the update, sadly Ethernet cabling isn't an option for me as our household consists of: a surface pro, a laptop with no Ethernet ports and a desktop in another room to the router.

Just to settle my curiosity, what is the nature of the issue?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5 (38 Views)

Hi austink88,

Thanks for getting back to us.

The technicians are working to upgrade the network in your area to support the increased demand for services.

Drop us a message closer to the review date and we'll give you an update on the fault.

All the best! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 5 (16 Views)

hey,

can I get an update on fault code F004609590, it was due for review on the 5th and I'm still getting ridiculously slow download speeds

cheers guys 

0 Kudos