Menu
alanwilson3
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

slow speed in G14 area

I am getting disconnected for Star Trek Online, web pages seem to go in bursts or just sit loading for 30 seconds.I use a Wired connection to the router, my son who has an Xbox One has been having lag and disconnections in the same period and pages on his phone are slow (both devices connect wireless to the router). My wife's tablet is loading pages slower than it should also. I have done various speed tests which are coming back either fine or with packet loss and timeouts. Also trying to stream video from any source is pointless, constant buffering. I have done various trace routes which come back fine. A 100 Mb connection should handle all these devices and used to so either there is a problem with the router or somewhere after that. p.s. the router is unplugged over night, every night or if we go out for an extended length of time.

Capture3.JPG

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: slow speed in G14 area

Hi alanwilson3

Thanks for posting. I'm really sorry to hear of the intermittent connection you have been experiencing and I can imagine how frustrating this must be for you all. We'll certainly take a look into this. I've run some checks on your connection and I can't see anything that stands out as an issue with the hub or your network segment though the hub hasn't been on for very long. Are you still experiencing these issues? If so can you post a copy of the network log for us to have a look at and a trace route to one of the servers you are playing Start Trek on? 

Speak soon

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos