Menu
ades
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

slow speed at night only

I've been experiencing really slow speeds in the evening for the last few weeks, between 2 and 3mb. I live in the Northampton, Kingsthorpe area and wondered if anybody else was experiencing the same? 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: slow speed at night only

over utilisation (Have a look through this forum.). Too many people wanting to use too much bandwidth at peak times. VM take a long time to upgrade their infrastructure. Over a year isn't uncommon.

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos

All Replies
ades
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Checked speed at 18:00pm and sure enough slow again! This on top of the £3.49 month increase is getting silly! The price increase allows early termination on existing contracts and is something I will be doing if this isn't resolved soon.

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Image removed (Contains IP address), please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

over utilisation (Have a look through this forum.). Too many people wanting to use too much bandwidth at peak times. VM take a long time to upgrade their infrastructure. Over a year isn't uncommon.

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
ades
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou for your reply and having read other posts suspected the over utilisation   . Whats seems strange to me is that its happened all of a sudden. I would have expected a continuous deprecation to  service of a period of time. Its almost like VM have decided one day to limit the service.

Do you know what forum/contact I can use regarding compensation\reduction in bill during this time?

Regards

0 Kudos
ades
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

12/11/2016 all week I continue to experience very slow speeds. Today it isn't even usable and getting less than 1mb, I'm writing this comment via my tethered mobile phone. At first we couldn't watch Netflix, download updates for xbox games. Now we cant even browse the web.

Any thoughts, Ideas surely over utilisation resulting in this level of service cannot continue? 

0 Kudos
ades
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

very slow broadband -continued

This is my section question/post/vent

All other recent posts from other users with similar slowness issues seem to get more engagement from the Virgin team, so I have started a new thread.

Latest figures speak for themselves. Superfast dialup! suppose to be getting 100mb at £30 plus a month. **bleep**!

virgin.png

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: very slow broadband -continued

Ive merged your post with your original thread. Its around a week for a staff response ATM so until then its pointless making duplicate topics.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: very slow broadband -continued

Hey there ades,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the speed problems you're experiencing, I know this can be very frustrating.

Looking at your connection I can see that we're currently working on a fault in your area. The ref is: F004101146 and it's due for review on the 30th Nov. This type of fault can be responsible for reducing the speeds during peak times (evenings and weekends) and to rectify this we need to undertake upgrades on the network to support the level of demand in your area. 

Please accept my apologies for this and let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos