Menu
jdsas
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

slow peak time speed

Hi Community

I know right another person with slow peak speeds (you guys must be so bored now) 

since Christmas my peak speed had been woeful sometimes as low as 2mb i have been a virgin customer since they took over from blueyonder many years ago so i thought i will give them some grace as i have had very few issues over the years  but this is getting beyond a joke now. i cant get through to chat online or on the phone without being left hanging for what feels like hours.

so i turn to the community please help im getting tired of rubber banding all over the place in games because of poor connection any help would be appreciated.

Thank you ...a disgruntled customer.

AREA 04  

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: slow peak time speed

virgin media does not use rubber banding thats on phone lines like bt.

area 04 has a peek hours download/upload speeds problem atm and virgin media is working on upgrades to sort this out. and depends if you use beta.speedtest then that nomal speedtest you will see the diffence speeds. online chat is crap i complained that was busy to ceo of vm.

blueyounder was telewest that was long time ago.

it will take up to 2 weeks for a mod/staff to pick this up

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
jdsas
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

thank you David for taking the time to reply but,

"virgin media does not use rubber banding thats on phone lines like bt."

RUBBER BANDING(in online gaming, an undesirable effect of latency in which a moving object appears to leap from one place to another without passing through the intervening space; also called "warping" or "teleporting").

"blueyounder was telewest that was long time ago."

that was my point unless im very much mistaken virgin took over telewest a very long time ago hence emphasising how long i have been a virgin customer.

but again thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to enlighten me..... 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Evening jdsas,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read you are having issues with your broadband connection.

Looking at your connection, the downstream power levels are too at - 12 dBmV and the modem SNR (signal to noise ratio) for downstream is also too low at 27 dB. As this can have an impact on your connection, I would like to arrange for an engineer appointment to check this for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos